Burma & the Irrawaddy River - 7 Days
Starts : Yangon City, ends : Yangon City
Highlights: Yangon • Bagan • Irrawaddy River • Former Royal Capital of Inwa
Trip code: MTP-BTIR-13
Day 1 - Yangon, Burma(Myanmar) Arrival /Welcome Dinner
After breakfast, we will set out to explore the city in a private coach with our local guide. We'll start at Shwedagon Pagoda, often called the Golden Pagoda. Shwedagon is the most sacred pagoda in Burma, housing relics of the past four Buddhas—namely the staff of Kakusandha, the water filter of Konagamana, a piece of the robe of Kassapa, and eight hairs of Gautama. The pagoda dominates the city’s skyline with its grandeur.
Day 3 Fly from Yangon to Bagan/Explore Bagan
After an early breakfast this morning, we transfer to the airport for a flight of less than 1.5 hours to Bagan, known as Burma’s “City of Four Million Pagodas.”
Day 4 Hot-Air Balloon Ride/Optional Mount Popa Tour/Boat Ride on Irrawaddy River
Before breakfast this morning, we have the option to join a hot-air balloon ride over Bagan. We'll rise early to enjoy a bird's-eye view of ancient Bagan and its pagodas at sunrise. Then we'll have breakfast at our hotel.
Day 5 Fly from Bagan to Mandalay/Explore Mandalay
We have an early breakfast this morning and transfer to the airport for a half-hour flight to Mandalay. When we arrive, we’ll visit the longest wooden bridge in Burma. The U Bein footbridge stretches almost three-quarters of a mile over the shallow Thaung Thaman Lake. It was constructed of teak planks and has withstood the elements for more than two centuries.
Day 6 Explore Former Royal Capital of Inwa/Boat Ride to Mingun
This morning after breakfast, we will go to see a gold leaf workshop where sheets of gold are beaten into gossamer-thin pieces. Placing gold leaf on a Buddha image brings great merit to the faithful, so there is a steady growth of gold leaf on many Buddha images in Myanmar. Then we visit Inwa, which was founded in 1364 and lasted nearly 400 years as a royal capital. Highlights include the “leaning tower of Ava,” Maha Aungmye Bonzan (a brick and stucco monastery), and the elegant teakwood monastery Bagaya Kyaung. We return to Mandalay for lunch in a local restaurant.
Day 7 Yangon Departure
This morning, we fly to Yangon, where we’ll have lunch in a local restaurant and then visit the local business sector to browse the Scott Market.
Extending Your Flight to the popular air hub : Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong..for your return flights to your coutry
Guests often ask us about extending their flight at the end of their Asia vacation to the Bangkok, Singapore and Hong Kong international air hub to catch their flight home. ... Please,Ask at time of booking for full details about this addtition sevice before your journey!
Book this trip now
Private Customised Trip
Send a request for more information
Or simple sent an email to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
•All accommodations (with Twin/Double rooms) while on tour
The tour price includes all hotel accommodations with private baths. Our standard is to provide the best available accommodations without sacrificing value. Although the quality may vary slightly from one hotel to another, our commitment to your comfort is unwavering. Two-bedded rooms and One-beded with Queen size rooms are reserved in most hotels. Triples are accommodated in two-bedded rooms plus a rollaway cot where available, and are not recommended for comfort.
All transfers and road transport in modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- For a private smaller groups (2pax -10pax), modern sedan cars and minibuses are used.
- For tour groups of 11pax or more travelers, air-conditioned Hyundai with 19- 25-35 seats are used on all road journeys. These vehicles are designed with excellent viewing windows and a high roof. All our vehicles are modern, spacious, comfortable, well-maintained, and safe
•Complimentary airport transfer on arrival and on departure days
All Breakfasts & Lunches on tour
• Breakfast – Is always included on all vietnam Royal Tourism – European Continental breakfasts are supplied at the hotels where you stay. The Continental style usually consists of rolls, butter, jams, tea or coffee and juices.
• Lunch - Your Lunch meals are included and generally served at a local restaurant
• Dinner – is not included and is always up to you – allows you the freedom to eat what you want and enjoy the local flavors.
Please note: If you have special dietary requirements (eg Vegetarian), let us know so we can notify restaurants and prepare appropriate food for you.
Experienced, friendly and knowledgeable guides.
Your tour guide is a professional, fully trained employee of vietnam Royal Tourism
All sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
Visa Approval Code or Visa on Arrival
- After approval, we will fax or email you a copy of the Approval letter as an attachment
- Our Service do not include the Stamping Fee of about US$25-65/ 1pax to be submitted directly to the Embassy or Consulate (the stamping fee vary from Embassy to Embassy) or pay at Airport for Visa on Arrival
+ International airfare& airport taxes
+ travel insurance
+ Surcharges for compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons and peak season surcharges (which will be advised at time of booking) ,
+ Personal expenses
+ Tips & gratuities