At 3143m Mt. Fansipan is the highest peak in Vietnam and the entire Indochina peninsula. This remote trek provides plenty to see and absorb. As we ascend through the lower reaches of Fansipan, we will pass terraced rice paddies and villages of the H'mong, one of Vietnam's many ethnic minorities
1. be realistic about your fitness level. don't just assume that you are fit because you more or less have the body shape of a fit person. if you don't exercise aerobically regularly (run at least 10km every 2 days), don't even think about the 1 day trip and expect the 2 day to be hard. honestly, we were a bit slowed down because one member of our group was a bit behind in fitness - he did it valiantly, but suffered badly the next day - and he was actually in reasonably good shape.
2. have appropriate shoes. you can buy fake climbing shoes at sapa - probably it is far better to have brought your own from home. good hiking socks are a plus too. probably this means starting to think about Fansipan before you get on the plane to Vietnam.
3. pack light. there's no point in carrying crap you don't need. maybe everybody in your group doesn't need their own camera, for example.
4. dress warmly. i have no idea what the place is like on days when the sun is beating down. i do know that i was very happy for having taken thermal trousers underneath my hiking trousers, a medium weight hat (with anti-rain brim), and a warm top. the trip would have been torture without these items.
( 0 Votes )
|< Prev||Next >|
- Best time to visit Vietnam
- Cost of daily items & tipping
- Tips and advice to help you stay safe during your trip
- Business travellers
- Vietnamese money and currency
- Medical & health information
- 20 biggest travel mistakes
- Customs and immigration
- Motorbike hire
- Travelling by bus or coach
- Public Train in Vietnam
- Domestic Flights Vietnam
- Cheap Flights to Vietnam
- Taste fried Vietnamese spring rolls-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Sapa Homestay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Hanoi City Tour-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Drink like a local-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Halong Bay in the ricefields-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Climb Fansipan Mountain-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Cruise Halong Bay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Vietnam Government
- Vietnam Religion & Lifestyle
- Origins of the Vietnamese Language
- Vietnam History
- Vietnam travel safety - How is safety to travel to Vietnam
- Best time to travel to Indochina
- Gay and Lesbian Travel Tips
- Three steps to avoid fraud when booking travel online for your Vietnam holiday
- Best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia
Top 10 Most Interest
We start with a visit the Imperial Citadel, where 13 emperors of Nguyen Dynasty used to work and liv...
Hue Full day city tour Code: HUIFULL You will be picked up from your hotel by your guide, who wi...
My Grandma's Home Cooking Add: 57 Ngô Quyền, An Hội, Minh An, Tp. Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam Tour ...
Tra Que Water Wheel Code: HA-CK06 Cost: 28 usd/person (includes chef, lunch, bicycle, english spe...
Hoi An Gioan Cooking Class Code: HA-CK 05 Tour cost: US$40 per person Included: Market trip (30 ...
Hoi An Eco Cooking class Code: HACK- EC03 Highlight : * Try to make a rice paper* Learn how ...
Thuan Tinh IslandCOOKING TOUR TOUR PRICE: $30 / pax. 4 Course Vietnamese Food Cooking C...
Green Bamboo Cooking Classes Code: CK -GB01 Exclusive small class size (2–12) Start 8 am &...
Hoi An & Da Nang Full day Code: HA-DAD1 Duration: 8 hours We will discover the city of Hoi An ...
Cham Island 1 day 08:00: depart from your hotel to go to Cua Dai wharf where guests embark on the s...
Hue city tour a half day & boat tripFriday, 17 March 2017 08:07
Hue Full day city tourWednesday, 15 March 2017 09:41
My Grandma's Home CookingWednesday, 15 March 2017 08:54
Tra Que Water Wheel cooking classWednesday, 15 March 2017 08:46
Hoi An Gioan Cooking ClassWednesday, 15 March 2017 08:32
Hoi An Eco Cooking classWednesday, 15 March 2017 02:23
Hoi An: Thuan Tinh Island - Cooking classWednesday, 15 March 2017 01:59
Hoi An: Green Bamboo Cooking School & CafeWednesday, 15 March 2017 01:45
Hoi An & Da Nang Full dayTuesday, 14 March 2017 08:14
Cham Island 1 dayTuesday, 14 March 2017 07:53