Hanoi's Beer Pavement or Hanoi Beer Street is something of a traveller institution that's spilled over into nearby Ta Hien Street, or Duong Thanh Street in Old Quarter in Hanoi City. to create what now may be better described as beer pavement
Beer Pavement doesn't require much explanation. All day and night, hundreds of travellers and a good number of locals descend on makeshift outdoor bars in the old quarter to sit on plastic stools, drink beer and watch the city rush by.
Especially busy during the hot nights of summer, this is not the best spot for Hanoi's famous bia hoi. Cold bottled beer is usually in good supply. Bia hoi is better had at random spots around the city - marked out by crowds of local men and bia hoi signage.
Beer Pavement has recently spilled over into Ta Hien Street creating a long strip of outdoor drinking that's become a backpacker magnet. Drinkers occupy their stools, grab their beers and try and make sense of the competing beats from the different bars.
It's all a bit much and definitely not the place for a quiet drink.
The backpackers haven't completely colonised the area. Young locals also gather in solid number.
A new bar called Watch Out at 12 Ta Hien is especially busy with a live band playing local and foreign covers in a very tight space.
Motorbikes still make their way through the crowds, often at silly speeds, so keep your wits about you.
( 0 Votes )
|< Prev||Next >|
- Best time to visit Vietnam
- Cost of daily items & tipping
- Tips and advice to help you stay safe during your trip
- Business travellers
- Vietnamese money and currency
- Medical & health information
- 20 biggest travel mistakes
- Customs and immigration
- Motorbike hire
- Travelling by bus or coach
- Public Train in Vietnam
- Domestic Flights Vietnam
- Cheap Flights to Vietnam
- Taste fried Vietnamese spring rolls-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Sapa Homestay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Hanoi City Tour-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Drink like a local-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Halong Bay in the ricefields-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Climb Fansipan Mountain-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Cruise Halong Bay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Vietnam Government
- Vietnam Religion & Lifestyle
- Origins of the Vietnamese Language
- Vietnam History
- Vietnam travel safety - How is safety to travel to Vietnam
- Best time to travel to Indochina
- Gay and Lesbian Travel Tips
- Three steps to avoid fraud when booking travel online for your Vietnam holiday
- Best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia
Top 10 Most Interest
We start with a visit the Imperial Citadel, where 13 emperors of Nguyen Dynasty used to work and liv...
Hue Full day city tour Code: HUIFULL You will be picked up from your hotel by your guide, who wi...
My Grandma's Home Cooking Add: 57 Ngô Quyền, An Hội, Minh An, Tp. Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam Tour ...
Tra Que Water Wheel Code: HA-CK06 Cost: 28 usd/person (includes chef, lunch, bicycle, english spe...
Hoi An Gioan Cooking Class Code: HA-CK 05 Tour cost: US$40 per person Included: Market trip (30 ...
Hoi An Eco Cooking class Code: HACK- EC03 Highlight : * Try to make a rice paper* Learn how ...
Thuan Tinh IslandCOOKING TOUR TOUR PRICE: $30 / pax. 4 Course Vietnamese Food Cooking C...
Green Bamboo Cooking Classes Code: CK -GB01 Exclusive small class size (2–12) Start 8 am &...
Hoi An & Da Nang Full day Code: HA-DAD1 Duration: 8 hours We will discover the city of Hoi An ...
Cham Island 1 day 08:00: depart from your hotel to go to Cua Dai wharf where guests embark on the s...
Hue city tour a half day & boat tripFriday, 17 March 2017 08:07
Hue Full day city tourWednesday, 15 March 2017 09:41
My Grandma's Home CookingWednesday, 15 March 2017 08:54
Tra Que Water Wheel cooking classWednesday, 15 March 2017 08:46
Hoi An Gioan Cooking ClassWednesday, 15 March 2017 08:32
Hoi An Eco Cooking classWednesday, 15 March 2017 02:23
Hoi An: Thuan Tinh Island - Cooking classWednesday, 15 March 2017 01:59
Hoi An: Green Bamboo Cooking School & CafeWednesday, 15 March 2017 01:45
Hoi An & Da Nang Full dayTuesday, 14 March 2017 08:14
Cham Island 1 dayTuesday, 14 March 2017 07:53