Nha Trang and around
From Phan Rang, Highway 1 pushes on against a backdrop of first sugar-cane plantations, then toothpaste-white salt flats and shrimp farms around Cam Ranh Bay on its way to the city of NHA TRANG. Nestled below the bottom lip of the Cai River, some 260km north of Phan Thiet, Nha Trang has earned its place as Vietnam’s top beach destination, despite stiff competition from places like Phu Quoc and Mui Ne.
Much has changed here since the days when the Cham people knew the area as Eatrang, the “river of reeds”, and the city now supports a population of over 300,000. By the time the Nguyen lords wrested this patch of the country from Champa in the mid-seventeenth century, the intriguing Po Nagar Cham towers had already stood, stacked impressively on a hillside above the Cai, for over 700 years. They remain Nha Trang’s most famous image, yet it’s the coastline that brings tourists flocking: boasting the finest municipal beach in Vietnam, Nha Trang offers splendid scope for mellowing out on the sand, with hawkers on hand to supply paperbacks, fresh pineapple and massages. Scuba-diving classes and all kinds of water sports, such as windsurfing, kayaking and parasailing, are available here, and local companies offer popular day-trips to Nha Trang’s oudying islands that combine island visits and snorkelling with an onboard feast of seafood. Bear in mind that there is a rainy season in 240 Nha Trang, around November and December, when the sea gets choppy and
NhaTrang is much more than a pretty strip of sand, however. The southern streets around Biet Thu are packed with great-value budget hotels and restaurants, plus some stylish boutiques and bars that are actually worth hanging out in. The downtown atga, which swirls aound Cho Dam (“central market”), its colourful epicentre, heaves with life; while the route up to the Po Nagar towers escorts you past the city’s huge and photogenic fishing fleet.
- Best time to visit Vietnam
- Cost of daily items & tipping
- Tips and advice to help you stay safe during your trip
- Business travellers
- Vietnamese money and currency
- Medical & health information
- 20 biggest travel mistakes
- Customs and immigration
- Motorbike hire
- Travelling by bus or coach
- Public Train in Vietnam
- Domestic Flights Vietnam
- Cheap Flights to Vietnam
- Taste fried Vietnamese spring rolls-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Sapa Homestay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Hanoi City Tour-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Drink like a local-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Halong Bay in the ricefields-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Climb Fansipan Mountain-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Cruise Halong Bay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Vietnam Government
- Vietnam Religion & Lifestyle
- Origins of the Vietnamese Language
- Vietnam History
- Vietnam travel safety - How is safety to travel to Vietnam
- Best time to travel to Indochina
- Gay and Lesbian Travel Tips
- Three steps to avoid fraud when booking travel online for your Vietnam holiday
- Best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia
World Heritage in Vietnam
- Stone Stele Records of Royal Examinations of the LE and MAC Dynasties
- Buddhist Sutra Woodblocks of Truc Lam Zen
- Art of Don Ca Tai Tu Music and Song in Southern Vietnam
- The Space of Gong Culture in Central Highlands of Vietnam
- Nha Nhac - Vietnamese Court Music
- Ca Tru Singing
- Quan Ho Bac Ninh Folk Songs
- Xoan Singing
- Worship of Hung Kings in Phu Tho
- Giong Festivals at Phu Dong & Soc Temples
- My Son Sanctuary
- Hoi An Ancient Town
- Complex of Hue Monuments
- The Citadel of the Ho Dynasty
- The Central Sector of Imperial Citadel of Thang Long - Ha Noi
- Dong Van Karst Plateau
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park
- Halong Bay - World Natural Heritage
Top 10 Most Interest
8 DAYS GROUP TOUR( BEIJING - XIAN - GUILIN) Duration: 8 Days Tour Type: Small Group Departure: Ev...
The deep-fried dumplings that have Hanoians queuing up By Ha Thanh, Van Pham July 16,...
Hanoi’s 'Tour de Snack' By Pham Van August 15, 2016 | 03:55 pm GMT+7 For those w...
2 DAYS BEIJING PRIVATE NO – SHOPPING TOUR Duration: 2 Days Tour Type: Private, No-shopping tour D...
Indika Free Flow Friday House Party October 6, 2016 | 02:30 pm GMT+7 Opening: 0...
Vietnamese youth group plays with iconic conical hat By Vy An October 6, 2016 | 01:09...
Head for heights: five mountain passes of northern Vietnam By Thanh Tuyet October 2, ...
Beyond the baguette: France's food legacy in Vietnam By AFP September 4, 2016 | 03:24...
BEST OF CHINA - 8 DAYS Trip code: VNTRCN01 Day01 - Arrival in Beijing Airport pick-up & airpor...
FLOWER GARDEN HOTEL RATE: 4 STAR ADD: 46 Nguyen Truong To | Ba Dinh, Hà Nội 10000, Việt Nam Overv...
8 DAYS GROUP TOUR( BEIJING - XIAN - GUILIN)Friday, 07 October 2016 02:09
The deep-fried dumplings that have Hanoians queuing upFriday, 07 October 2016 01:53
Hanoi’s 'Tour de Snack'Friday, 07 October 2016 01:11
2 DAYS BEIJING PRIVATE NO – SHOPPING TOURThursday, 06 October 2016 08:25
Indika Free Flow Friday House PartyThursday, 06 October 2016 07:54
Vietnamese youth group plays with iconic conical hatThursday, 06 October 2016 06:37
Head for heights: five mountain passes of northern VietnamWednesday, 05 October 2016 08:27
Beyond the baguette: France's food legacy in VietnamWednesday, 05 October 2016 08:00
Best of China - 8 daysWednesday, 05 October 2016 06:43
FLOWER GARDEN HOTELTuesday, 04 October 2016 08:56