Nha Trang and around
From Phan Rang, Highway 1 pushes on against a backdrop of first sugar-cane plantations, then toothpaste-white salt flats and shrimp farms around Cam Ranh Bay on its way to the city of NHA TRANG. Nestled below the bottom lip of the Cai River, some 260km north of Phan Thiet, Nha Trang has earned its place as Vietnam’s top beach destination, despite stiff competition from places like Phu Quoc and Mui Ne.
Much has changed here since the days when the Cham people knew the area as Eatrang, the “river of reeds”, and the city now supports a population of over 300,000. By the time the Nguyen lords wrested this patch of the country from Champa in the mid-seventeenth century, the intriguing Po Nagar Cham towers had already stood, stacked impressively on a hillside above the Cai, for over 700 years. They remain Nha Trang’s most famous image, yet it’s the coastline that brings tourists flocking: boasting the finest municipal beach in Vietnam, Nha Trang offers splendid scope for mellowing out on the sand, with hawkers on hand to supply paperbacks, fresh pineapple and massages. Scuba-diving classes and all kinds of water sports, such as windsurfing, kayaking and parasailing, are available here, and local companies offer popular day-trips to Nha Trang’s oudying islands that combine island visits and snorkelling with an onboard feast of seafood. Bear in mind that there is a rainy season in 240 Nha Trang, around November and December, when the sea gets choppy and
NhaTrang is much more than a pretty strip of sand, however. The southern streets around Biet Thu are packed with great-value budget hotels and restaurants, plus some stylish boutiques and bars that are actually worth hanging out in. The downtown atga, which swirls aound Cho Dam (“central market”), its colourful epicentre, heaves with life; while the route up to the Po Nagar towers escorts you past the city’s huge and photogenic fishing fleet.
- Best time to visit Vietnam
- Cost of daily items & tipping
- Tips and advice to help you stay safe during your trip
- Business travellers
- Vietnamese money and currency
- Medical & health information
- 20 biggest travel mistakes
- Customs and immigration
- Motorbike hire
- Travelling by bus or coach
- Public Train in Vietnam
- Domestic Flights Vietnam
- Cheap Flights to Vietnam
- Taste fried Vietnamese spring rolls-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Sapa Homestay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Hanoi City Tour-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Drink like a local-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Halong Bay in the ricefields-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Climb Fansipan Mountain-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Cruise Halong Bay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Vietnam Government
- Vietnam Religion & Lifestyle
- Origins of the Vietnamese Language
- Vietnam History
- Vietnam travel safety - How is safety to travel to Vietnam
- Best time to travel to Indochina
- Gay and Lesbian Travel Tips
- Three steps to avoid fraud when booking travel online for your Vietnam holiday
- Best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia
World Heritage in Vietnam
- Stone Stele Records of Royal Examinations of the LE and MAC Dynasties
- Buddhist Sutra Woodblocks of Truc Lam Zen
- Art of Don Ca Tai Tu Music and Song in Southern Vietnam
- The Space of Gong Culture in Central Highlands of Vietnam
- Nha Nhac - Vietnamese Court Music
- Ca Tru Singing
- Quan Ho Bac Ninh Folk Songs
- Xoan Singing
- Worship of Hung Kings in Phu Tho
- Giong Festivals at Phu Dong & Soc Temples
- My Son Sanctuary
- Hoi An Ancient Town
- Complex of Hue Monuments
- The Citadel of the Ho Dynasty
- The Central Sector of Imperial Citadel of Thang Long - Ha Noi
- Dong Van Karst Plateau
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park
- Halong Bay - World Natural Heritage
Top 10 Most Interest
Budget airline VietJet Air will officially open its Hai Phong-Da Nang flight route on June ...
Five electric cars with 9-12 seats have been imported from Japan to serve tourists on Minh ...
The national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines (VNA) announced on May 13 that it will offer 4,0...
The management board of My Son Sanctuary has officially inaugurated a 2km road connecting t...
Ho Chi Minh City will launch its first electric bus service going through downtown tourist ...
Viet Nam has actually won the worldwide tourists’ attention to its extraordinary natu...
These days, thousands of birds and storks are flocking to Vam Sat Ecological Tourist Centre...
Vietjet Air will increase the number of flights between Ho Chi Minh City and Taipei (China)...
The low-cost airline VietJet Air on May 20th launched its biggest ever promotion program.
Undoubtedly, Nha Trang is renowned as the city of the sea and for its many pristine beaches, and...
Vietjet Air to offer Hai Phong- Da Nang flight routeSunday, 24 May 2015 23:41
Quang Ninh Province launches electric bus serviceSunday, 24 May 2015 23:41
Vietnam Airlines to add 4,040 flights during summer holidaySunday, 24 May 2015 23:41
Trek routes laid in My Son SanctuarySunday, 24 May 2015 23:41
HCM City gets electric busesSunday, 24 May 2015 23:41
Viet Nam Photograph Tour and the must-see tourist attractionsSunday, 24 May 2015 23:41
Thrilling birding tour and moreSunday, 24 May 2015 23:41
Vietjet Air increases Ho Chi Minh City-Taipei flightsSunday, 24 May 2015 23:41
Airline offers millions of “zero fare” ticketsSunday, 24 May 2015 23:41
Viewing Nha Trang City from Co Tien MountainSunday, 24 May 2015 23:36