Nha Trang and around
From Phan Rang, Highway 1 pushes on against a backdrop of first sugar-cane plantations, then toothpaste-white salt flats and shrimp farms around Cam Ranh Bay on its way to the city of NHA TRANG. Nestled below the bottom lip of the Cai River, some 260km north of Phan Thiet, Nha Trang has earned its place as Vietnam’s top beach destination, despite stiff competition from places like Phu Quoc and Mui Ne.
Much has changed here since the days when the Cham people knew the area as Eatrang, the “river of reeds”, and the city now supports a population of over 300,000. By the time the Nguyen lords wrested this patch of the country from Champa in the mid-seventeenth century, the intriguing Po Nagar Cham towers had already stood, stacked impressively on a hillside above the Cai, for over 700 years. They remain Nha Trang’s most famous image, yet it’s the coastline that brings tourists flocking: boasting the finest municipal beach in Vietnam, Nha Trang offers splendid scope for mellowing out on the sand, with hawkers on hand to supply paperbacks, fresh pineapple and massages. Scuba-diving classes and all kinds of water sports, such as windsurfing, kayaking and parasailing, are available here, and local companies offer popular day-trips to Nha Trang’s oudying islands that combine island visits and snorkelling with an onboard feast of seafood. Bear in mind that there is a rainy season in 240 Nha Trang, around November and December, when the sea gets choppy and
NhaTrang is much more than a pretty strip of sand, however. The southern streets around Biet Thu are packed with great-value budget hotels and restaurants, plus some stylish boutiques and bars that are actually worth hanging out in. The downtown atga, which swirls aound Cho Dam (“central market”), its colourful epicentre, heaves with life; while the route up to the Po Nagar towers escorts you past the city’s huge and photogenic fishing fleet.
- Best time to visit Vietnam
- Cost of daily items & tipping
- Tips and advice to help you stay safe during your trip
- Business travellers
- Vietnamese money and currency
- Medical & health information
- 20 biggest travel mistakes
- Customs and immigration
- Motorbike hire
- Travelling by bus or coach
- Public Train in Vietnam
- Domestic Flights Vietnam
- Cheap Flights to Vietnam
- Taste fried Vietnamese spring rolls-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Sapa Homestay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Hanoi City Tour-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Drink like a local-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Halong Bay in the ricefields-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Climb Fansipan Mountain-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Cruise Halong Bay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Vietnam Government
- Vietnam Religion & Lifestyle
- Origins of the Vietnamese Language
- Vietnam History
- Vietnam travel safety - How is safety to travel to Vietnam
- Best time to travel to Indochina
- Gay and Lesbian Travel Tips
- Three steps to avoid fraud when booking travel online for your Vietnam holiday
- Best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia
World Heritage in Vietnam
- Stone Stele Records of Royal Examinations of the LE and MAC Dynasties
- Buddhist Sutra Woodblocks of Truc Lam Zen
- Art of Don Ca Tai Tu Music and Song in Southern Vietnam
- The Space of Gong Culture in Central Highlands of Vietnam
- Nha Nhac - Vietnamese Court Music
- Ca Tru Singing
- Quan Ho Bac Ninh Folk Songs
- Xoan Singing
- Worship of Hung Kings in Phu Tho
- Giong Festivals at Phu Dong & Soc Temples
- My Son Sanctuary
- Hoi An Ancient Town
- Complex of Hue Monuments
- The Citadel of the Ho Dynasty
- The Central Sector of Imperial Citadel of Thang Long - Ha Noi
- Dong Van Karst Plateau
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park
- Halong Bay - World Natural Heritage
Top 10 Most Interest
Thousands of visitors across the country flocked to the opening ceremony of the 2015 Phu Da...
The photography exhibition, themed ‘World heritage sites in Viet Nam’, was held ...
UK magazine, The Guardian, has listed Hai Van (Sea Cloud) Pass in Viet Nam among the top 10 ...
A Vietnamese delegation has attended the 18th international bonsai and tea festival in Nitr...
The unique tug-of-war in Ngoc Tri village, Thach Ban ward, Long Bien district, Ha Noi was of...
From April 28th to May 3rd, a range of diverse cultural activities of six ethnic groups in the no...
The low-cost carrier, Jetstar Pacific will open a Ho Chi Minh City-Chu Lai (Quang Nam provin...
Air Busan from the Republic of Korea has launched a new direct flight route connecting the ...
The Hoa Binh Tourism Company has launched two new three-star cruisers to serve tourists in ...
The Vietnam Airlines Tourism Company (VATC) will offer new prices for the Sleep Pod service...
Thousands flock to 2015 Phu Day festivalThursday, 23 April 2015 07:58
Thanh Hoa exhibition honours world heritage in Viet NamThursday, 23 April 2015 07:58
Hai Van Pass among world’s top 10 best scenic drivesThursday, 23 April 2015 07:49
Viet Nam attends itn’l bonsai and tea festival in SlovakiaThursday, 23 April 2015 07:49
Long Bien district’s unique tug-of-war recognised as national heritageThursday, 23 April 2015 07:49
Cultural activities at Culture Tourism Village of Vietnamese Ethnic GroupsThursday, 23 April 2015 07:49
Jetstar Pacific to open Ho Chi Minh City-Chu Lai routeThursday, 23 April 2015 07:43
Air Busan launches Busan–Da Nang direct routeThursday, 16 April 2015 05:16
Cruisers to boost Hoa Binh tourismThursday, 16 April 2015 05:16
Noi Bai Airport sees new prices for sleep pod serviceThursday, 16 April 2015 05:16