Nha Trang and around
From Phan Rang, Highway 1 pushes on against a backdrop of first sugar-cane plantations, then toothpaste-white salt flats and shrimp farms around Cam Ranh Bay on its way to the city of NHA TRANG. Nestled below the bottom lip of the Cai River, some 260km north of Phan Thiet, Nha Trang has earned its place as Vietnam’s top beach destination, despite stiff competition from places like Phu Quoc and Mui Ne.
Much has changed here since the days when the Cham people knew the area as Eatrang, the “river of reeds”, and the city now supports a population of over 300,000. By the time the Nguyen lords wrested this patch of the country from Champa in the mid-seventeenth century, the intriguing Po Nagar Cham towers had already stood, stacked impressively on a hillside above the Cai, for over 700 years. They remain Nha Trang’s most famous image, yet it’s the coastline that brings tourists flocking: boasting the finest municipal beach in Vietnam, Nha Trang offers splendid scope for mellowing out on the sand, with hawkers on hand to supply paperbacks, fresh pineapple and massages. Scuba-diving classes and all kinds of water sports, such as windsurfing, kayaking and parasailing, are available here, and local companies offer popular day-trips to Nha Trang’s oudying islands that combine island visits and snorkelling with an onboard feast of seafood. Bear in mind that there is a rainy season in 240 Nha Trang, around November and December, when the sea gets choppy and
NhaTrang is much more than a pretty strip of sand, however. The southern streets around Biet Thu are packed with great-value budget hotels and restaurants, plus some stylish boutiques and bars that are actually worth hanging out in. The downtown atga, which swirls aound Cho Dam (“central market”), its colourful epicentre, heaves with life; while the route up to the Po Nagar towers escorts you past the city’s huge and photogenic fishing fleet.
- Best time to visit Vietnam
- Cost of daily items & tipping
- Tips and advice to help you stay safe during your trip
- Business travellers
- Vietnamese money and currency
- Medical & health information
- 20 biggest travel mistakes
- Customs and immigration
- Motorbike hire
- Travelling by bus or coach
- Public Train in Vietnam
- Domestic Flights Vietnam
- Cheap Flights to Vietnam
- Taste fried Vietnamese spring rolls-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Sapa Homestay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Hanoi City Tour-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Drink like a local-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Halong Bay in the ricefields-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Climb Fansipan Mountain-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Cruise Halong Bay-Top things to do in Vietnam
- Vietnam Government
- Vietnam Religion & Lifestyle
- Origins of the Vietnamese Language
- Vietnam History
- Vietnam travel safety - How is safety to travel to Vietnam
- Best time to travel to Indochina
- Gay and Lesbian Travel Tips
- Three steps to avoid fraud when booking travel online for your Vietnam holiday
- Best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia
World Heritage in Vietnam
- Stone Stele Records of Royal Examinations of the LE and MAC Dynasties
- Buddhist Sutra Woodblocks of Truc Lam Zen
- Art of Don Ca Tai Tu Music and Song in Southern Vietnam
- The Space of Gong Culture in Central Highlands of Vietnam
- Nha Nhac - Vietnamese Court Music
- Ca Tru Singing
- Quan Ho Bac Ninh Folk Songs
- Xoan Singing
- Worship of Hung Kings in Phu Tho
- Giong Festivals at Phu Dong & Soc Temples
- My Son Sanctuary
- Hoi An Ancient Town
- Complex of Hue Monuments
- The Citadel of the Ho Dynasty
- The Central Sector of Imperial Citadel of Thang Long - Ha Noi
- Dong Van Karst Plateau
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park
- Halong Bay - World Natural Heritage
Top 10 Most Interest
The five-star UK cruise liner Sapphire Princess docked on March 4 at the Nha Trang port in ...
A procession, one of the main rituals of the Tran Temple Festival in the Year of Goat, open...
The ASEAN traditional music festival 2015 titled "Connecting the World Heritage" ...
The Tran Temple Festival 2015 kicked off on March 3 in Tam Duong hamlet, Tien Duc commune, H...
More than 700 travel related businesses from 25 nations around the globe have registered to...
Foreign tourist arrivals to Viet Nam in February 2015 reached 756,000, a 7.9% rise from the prev...
Central Thua Thien-Hue province welcomed more than 437,900 visitors, including 165,400 inbo...
A new tourism transport route connecting Viet Nam’s central Quang Binh and Laos&rsquo...
New year, new travels–so I’m starting to plan my trips. I’m thinking it&r...
(TITC) - Recently, the two Russian young men Georgy Tarasov and Daniil Tarasov’s clip ...
Luxury cruise liner arrives at Nha Trang portFriday, 06 March 2015 00:50
Year of Goat’s Tran Temple Festival opensThursday, 05 March 2015 02:09
Viet Nam to host ASEAN traditional music festival 2015Thursday, 05 March 2015 02:09
Thai Binh Tran Temple festival opens, receiving special honourThursday, 05 March 2015 02:09
VITM Ha Noi 2015 set for AprilThursday, 05 March 2015 02:07
Viet Nam receives 756,000 foreign arrivals in FebruaryThursday, 05 March 2015 02:07
Good news for Hue tourism sectorThursday, 05 March 2015 02:07
Tourism route from Quang Binh to Laos, Thailand opensThursday, 05 March 2015 02:04
Reasons I can’t wait to travel Viet NamThursday, 05 March 2015 02:01
The Road Story Viet NamThursday, 05 March 2015 02:01